WhatsApp supports free video calling over Wi-Fi or mobile data, even to persons living overseas. For the most time, we have been only conversant with the individual video calls and not very many people actually know that there is an option for group video calls on WhatsApp.
In the past people had to use a third-party app to make group video calls with their WhatsApp contacts, now however, the functionality is available within the app for iPhone and Android. If you can’t find it you must have to update your app.
Today, we shall take you through the very easy step of making a call to multiple contacts at once.
Needless to say, to make an individual call, you just need to open the WhatsApp conversation of the contact you want.
Tap the video camera at the top right of the window, the video call will automatically commence and the recipient’s phone will ring.
For the Group Video Call, here is how you should go about it.
1. Open a WhatsApp conversation.
2. Tap the video camera at the top right of the window. The video call will automatically commence and the recipient’s phone will ring.
3. Once your recipient has answered, tap the add user icon at the top right corner of the screen.
4. Select a second recipient to add them to the call.
5. Once they have joined you can also add a third recipient
Alternatively, if you would rather make standard voice calls rather than video calls just tap the telephone icon instead of the video camera icon.